5 things you should know about creating a new website for your business:
1. Take up competitive quotes and ask for examples of recent work and details of customers to speak to. Prices can vary considerably - as can quality of product.
2. Make it a condition of appointment that the website designer assigns his/her copyright and any design right in the website to you as a condition of engagement. This must be in writing.
3. Ensure that the Distance Selling Regulations are complied with if applicable:
4. Do not use photographs or images where you do not own the copyright in same. Mistakes can be very costly!
5. Endeavour to make it as "future proof" as possible and do not make it so detailed as to be unattractive. Remember it is, in essence, your shop window to the world.
For more information on any aspect of this note, please contact Scott Brymer at (details)